Thursday, March 31, 2011

Nash-Con Part 1

The EPIC event of the Twilight Convention Nashville...has now been dubbed Nash-Con by myself and plenty of other fans.

ROAD TRIP! My bestie Sam and I decided late last summer to make the trip to Nashville! The first Twilight Convention for both of us and our first "Real" Road trip...Normally I wouldn't be all that excited about being in a car for 8 hours but honestly the time seemed to pass so quickly and we had such fun....Random stops for shopping, Cracker Barrel, and not to mention our driving through first rain, then snow, then sleet, then snow, then back to rain! CRAZYNESS!

Being my first Twilight Convention I was beyond excited....I was totally, STOKED for the event! A little disappointed at first because the entire lineup was all wolves. Now being a BIG Vamp fan like myself, you can see why I'd be disappointed. Then the week of the convention rolls around and total chaos ensues. All the wolves pulled out due to filming in Vancouver....First up the sweet Bree aka Jodelle Ferland. Next up a newbie....Guri Weinberg (HOT) then slowly added Charlie Bewley (HOTTIE), another newbie Leah Gibson (Total Sweetie), Patrick Brennan (Awesome) and Peter Facinelli! I was beyond excited about meeting Peter! Then last minute addition was Gil Birmingham (Wolf Daddy). All in all a great lineup! And a total 360 from what was originally planned! So fast forward to Thursday night, the night before the action starts! We finally arrive at our hotel around 11pm...After checking in and getting everything settled in our room I log into facebook to check things out. I see a post from my sister-in law explaining that she was sorry to hear Peter canceled! Ummmm WHAT? WHEN? WHY? So I tell Sam whats going on....she grabs her phone and starts researching the Conventions site...."OMG, Am I Seeing this right?" She brings the phone to me to show me the change and I literally grab her wrist and loudly express my shock/excitement! Yes Peter did cancel due to a family emergency....But we got another Cullen last minute to fill in...My favorite character from the series and one of my favorite actresses....MS NIKKI FREAKING REED!!!!!!!! SQQQQEEEEEEEEEEEEE! At that point we are both so excited we don't know what to do with ourselves *lol*

We finally get to bed at maybe 3 ish in the AM....Only to wake up at 8 the next morning to get ready for the days festivities. Including Early Registration, buying souvenirs, etc. We get in line around 11 and wait for registration to start at 1pm. We get to see alot of interesting Twilight fans.

To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment